I have just made this Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake for the ‘We Should Cocoa Challenge’ over at Chocolate Log Blog
This is a wonderful blog, IF you like chocolate. Oohhhhh, what’s that I hear? Was that the sound of a huge ‘Mmmmmmmm yes’!
Anyway, I have been meaning to join in with the challenge once in a while and this is my first offering. The challenge was to use strawberries and ….oh, did I mention chocolate (of course!)
It was an oh, so simple recipe (details below) and I have made it in preparation for visitors tomorrow evening. I haven’t been able to taste it yet as I don’t want to spoil the presentation. But, wow! The scrapings from the bowl tasted deeeeeeeelicious!
Do pop over later to the We should Cocoa Challenge and see what everybody else has made. I hardly dare look myself as I will only be tempted to make something else naughty! Oh, and I might also mention that this blog is run by my niece, another chocoholic. It must run in our family. Oh, no, now I remember, it is only the two of us that have this wayward gene!
Strawberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake
(Recipe by Olive Magazine July 2005)
- 175g shortbread biscuits, for extra flavour, try using lemon or ginger shortbread biscuits
- 50g unsalted butter , softened
- 200g melted white chocolate
- 300g full fat or medium fat soft cream cheese
- 200g fromage frais (I used mascarpone)
- 225g strawberries, roughly chopped
- Put the shortbread biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs. Mix the biscuit crumbs together with the softened butter and press firmly onto the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin. Refrigerate until needed. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and set aside until needed.
- Beat together the cream cheese and fromage frais until smooth and thick. Add the strawberries to the cheese mixture with the melted white chocolate and mix. Spoon the cheesecake filling into the biscuit case. Level the top and chill for about 4 hours until set.