Size: 6 inches square.
8″ square of calico
8″ square of wadding
Selection of small scraps of fabrics in your choice of colours
Small piece of Bondaweb (Wonder Under)
Black Pigma Pen
N.B. If you wish, you could enlarge the design on a photocopier to any size that would suit your photo frame.
1. Cut your scraps into 1 inch strips (or wider if enlarging the design) in lengths suitable for piecing the log cabin block.
2. Trace the log cabin paper piecing design on to a piece of greaseproof paper (or baking parchment, or tracing paper).
3. Use paper piecing method to piece the strips to the traced design. I stitched by hand using a very small back stitch.
Use rotary cutter to trim down to ¼″ larger than completed design.
4. Tear away the greaseproof paper and iron bondaweb to the back of the pieced log cabin.
5. Use pinking shears to pink the edges of the log cabin block.
6. Remove the paper backing from the bondaweb and iron the pieced log cabin design on to the square of calico.
7. Place wadding behind the calico ( I used 505 spray to fix my wadding to the back) and quilt tiny stitches through the layers as shown.
8. Trace words from pattern sheet on to calico at the top and the bottom of the design. I used a black pigma pen.
9. Trim completed design down to fit inside picture frame.