Download Pattern Sheet
Use felt or wool felt and use photo as a guide for colour choices.
1. Cut two felt backgrounds 4½″ x 10½″ and curved at top as in pattern sheet. Do not cut door hanger hole at this stage.
2. Trace cotton reel shapes from pattern sheet on to fusible web (bondaweb)
3. Iron bondaweb shapes on to chosen felt colours.
4. Cut and iron bonded shapes in place on one felt background piece using pattern sheet as a guide for positioning.
5. Appliqué shapes in place using 2 strands of embroidery thread and blanket stitch.
6. Embroider needle, pins, threads and ‘Quilter at Work’ words using back stitch and two strands of embroidery thread.
7. Satin stitch pin heads and cotton reel holes.
8. Sew three buttons in place using photo as a guide.
9. Place second felt background behind completed appliqué felt background and sew together around all outer edges using blanket stitch and three strands of embroidery thread.
10. Cut door hanger hole through both layers and finish of edges with blanket stitch in the same manner as outer edges.
Your hanger is now complete and ready to hang on your door.